Student visa

Instructions for registering for visa support services and visa extension procedures

In order to apply for a student visa, you need to submit the following documents:

  • Your curriculum vitae
  • The application for admission. In the item “The intended length of stay in Vietnam” please write exactly the date you want to enter Vietnam. For example: 20/10/201720/1/2018. In the item “Place you wish to receive your visa” you  should write The Embassy of Vietnam in the country you wish to receive your visa or The Consulate of Vietnam  in the country you wish to receive your visa.
  • The photocopy of the first page of your passport.

It is possible for you to send all the documents by PDF file via email:

The Immigration Office will decide if your applications will be approved or not. If the application is approved, it takes about 4 weeks (from when you submit all the documents) to get the Invitation Letter from the Immigration Office. When we receive the Letter, we will contact you by email. Please bring the Letter to Vietnamese Embassy in the country which is written in the application to get it. (It is necessary for you to get the visa in the country which has the Embassy of Vietnam, or Consulate of Vietnam, but not in Vietnam).

You should pay the visa fee at  the Embassy of Vietnam in your country and pay 1.000.000VND for the visa support fee for the University.

The Immigration Office will decide when you can get the visa and the period of your visa. Normally, students just can get a single 3-month visa for the first time, after that, if you extend the student visa, it should be for 6 months and multiple visa. 

If you use student visa, you need to study at least 10 hours/week in our center and it is impossible for you to work on a student visa.

Please note that if you continue to study and want to extend the visa, it is necessary for you to come our office to extend your visa 2 weeks before the expired date of your visa. During thisperiod, please do not travel until you get your visa back. (If you do not come our office to extend the visa on time we do not extend the visa for you).

In the case you have a student visa, but the visa was guaranteed by another university, not the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, you will not be able to extend this visa in our university. You will have to re-apply for a new student visa through our university.